Sunday, October 4, 2009

Welcome!

Welcome both of us to my new blog. Let me tell you an eensy weeny bit about myself. Since May 2oo9 I've been on a mission to:

  1. Live my best life (Thanks, Oprah, for summing that up quite succinctly for me)
  2. Lose enough weight to run comfortably
  3. Train for a half marathon
  4. Lose the rest of the weight

I started out a hefty 262 pounds on my 5' 6" frame, and as of *this* morning I am 201.6 pounds. Eeeee!! :) I'm very close to crossing that "under 200" mark and am excited!

As for the running, to date I have run almost 70 miles. I'm currently following Coolrunning.com's Couch to 5k running program to get me started on my training for a half marathon. Yesterday, I ran 20 minutes in a row for the first time in 5 years!

But, the real reason I started this blog is so I can enter all the giveaways other bloggers have! What, you think I'm kidding? lol.

So, HELLO. Nice to meet you!

No comments:

Post a Comment